Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet our new Librarian Intern

Give a big welcome to our new librarian intern, David Thomas!

















A little about Dave...

Education: As an undergraduate student I attended Moraine Valley Community College and then transferred to UIUC where I graduated with a degree in journalism. I went on to the University of Illinois at Springfield and received a master's degree in public affairs reporting. I just graduated in May from the University of Illinois with a master's degree in library and information science.

Library/Work Experience: Most recently I've been in the classroom as a community college instructor and grade school teacher. Naturally, information literacy is a top professional passion.

Personal: I am an avid fan of Big Ten Sports and am looking forward to December football this season at Memorial Stadium.

Interesting fact: I have one earlobe that is attached and one earlobe that is unattached.
-----

Dave will work as a librarian intern at Parkland Library until December 2009. He comes to us through the IMLS/GSLIS/NILRC community college librarianship grant intern program. For information about this program, click here.

3 comments: