Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Librarian Starts Today

We are pleased to announce that our new Librarian Gladys starts today.  Gladys comes to us from the Alabe Crafts Company where she worked with Albert Carter and Abe Bookman.


"Many libraries are turning to technology to serve our communities," said Anna Maria Watkin, Library Director and longtime friend of Gladys, "I think having a librarian like Gladys will make us more diverse than ever."

Some have criticized Gladys for her abrupt answers, seemingly only responding with simple solutions instead of a detailed analysis of the issue.  "You just have to know how to talk to her.  Once you get to know Gladys, she's really quite lovely," says Maggie Taylor, Information Services Librarian.  "I actually find her brevity refreshing, she's very efficient."

Gladys enjoys trivia with friends, salsa dancing, and of course reading.  Her favorite genre is humorous fiction, but she specializes in all fictional literature.  Gladys is available to answer questions 24/7 through her own personal online service here.

Stop by the desk to say hello and welcome our newest librarian to the team!






















APRIL FOOLS'!  

While Gladys is making a guest appearance today, she will not be joining us permanently.



7 comments:

  1. Such creativity and humor deserves an award. Great job - you had me fooled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so kind! We believe it's important to have fun at work sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Dear Gladys, I have a serious question for you. Will the boy I sat behind in 8th grade math class (and on whom I had a terrible crush) ever wise up and propose? I have been waiting a very long time, and you seem to have access to so many answers. If "[your] sources say no," I guess it is time for me to move on. Thanks Gladys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela I asked Gladys on your behalf and she said, "Without a doubt." I'm sure he's just waiting for that perfect opportunity!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Gladys. Now I'll wait. I was beginning to feel a bit like Miss Havisham!

      Delete
  3. I used Gladys' online service and it was immensely helpful. At her urging, I have decided to change my path in life. Thanks, Gladys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gladys, after thoughtful consideration, clarified that I am about to have a great vacation week with visiting family! Thanks, Gladys.

    ReplyDelete